Thursday, June 6, 2013

We finally did it! And we have tomatoes :D

     It's a few days short (I doubt anybody was waiting at their PCs for my next installment) but here ya go!!!

     Well if you read my blog from a week or so ago you caught wind of my rant on a mole in our resistance community (here's the link in case you didn't Another Week Gone by And a Mole in the Garden).  Why do I bring this up?  We finally caught him... sort of.  We got intel from a fellow community that Shaperslaves an enlightened agent) was also Jameswrek  (a resistance agent).  The story is that he changed factions and failed to tell us (on purpose), while at the time James just said he was going inactive.  This was a great shock to many of us (myself included) as he was part of the community before I was in it.  He was promptly removed after owning up to it when called out so now we can move on and get back to keeping the population safe from Shaper influence.  I would like to say what kind of person takes joy in being an ass like that and taking joy in ruining other folks plan... That says alot about that persons character.


   On a brighter note I have tomatoes in my garden!  I planted the garden 3 weeks ago and everything is just rocking along.  We did have a green onion starting to sprout but a mischievous child of mine decided to pick it a tad early.  I'm hoping in a few weeks I can finally eat some freshly grown maters.  I planted a few tomatoes last year but it was late in the season and the bugs got to them before I could so I was unable to enjoy them... not this year though!  The one thing I am having issue with is the corn.  When you plant a square box garden it is suggested that you plant 3 seeds of each type then trip the weakest 2 sprouts back leaving the strongest to go on and produce.  Well my corn sprouted every seed I planted, that's 16 locations, 3 seeds
each location for a whopping total of 48 stalks.  I have trimmed back the extra stalks twice now and the little fellas just keep coming back.  While some say let them grow, I'm note sure that the garden would be able to handle that much in such a tight spot so I will keep up the good fight and show them who's boss!  Oh, about the whole pulling up the onion early thing... how could you get made at them with a face like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment