Monday, August 12, 2013

Two months have passed... And what an exciting two months it has been!

     It has been just over two months since my last entry (I'm sure folks were wondering around in a state of panic over this) so I figured I would touch on some of the exciting things that have happened.  The first was the Panama City Ingress Anomaly.  This event was organized by +Richard Gibbens and we were honored to have some Ingress celebrities by the names of +Joe Philley and +Kira Kroger attend!  This event put the Resistance up against the Enlightened to see who could control the most portals and also link to predetermined sites in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Atlanta, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Columbus, Montgomery, Mobile, Birmingham, New Orleans, and Pensacola.  The event was based out of Martin Theater and it was fully catered, including some Ingress swag.  The battles were intense and the weather went from hot and humid to raining, back to hot and humid (which is normal for Florida).  It was fun to meet people from all over the south-east that all shared a common love for Ingress and to chat about the game without getting strange looks like you are crazy for trying to stop (or help if you are a toad) aliens from invading the Earth with mind control.  The Enlightened deployed their usual sneaky tactics and covered a large area of the battle grounds with a slimy field which was quickly taken down by some Resistance in Alabama I believe.  With this field down we were free to begin the battle of portal and link control.  After three random measurements the Resistance came out on top with a score of 33k to 4k (or something very close to this).  While we wished the Enlightened had a better turnout than they did, we all still had a good time!

     Next on the list was my name change.  When I first started Ingress I used my email address (Jerniganc) as my agent name and never thought anything about it.  Well with the state of the game in the area I thought it might be a good idea to apply for a change.  After thinking long and hard I settled upon "TheWeaponX"!  Anybody that knows anything about me knows I am a fan of Wolverine so the name was a no brainer... plus it just sounds cool as hell when I'm blowing stuff up.  I now proudly sport the name and have the little guy on the left currently making an appearance on my phone.


     Next on the agenda was the building of Esca/Rosa Resistance L8 farm in Milton (the 2nd successful farm for the Resistance in the area).  It was a spurt of the moment plan (we discussed it very briefly at the Panama City Anomaly) and had a blast.  I always enjoy when my fellow Ingress folks gather, hang out, drink some Hint water, and build some level 8 portals.  We were able to construct 10 level 8 portals and get a good hour and a half of hacking in before the +Shaper Slaves and @BlackXantus showed up and began to lay waste to our hard work :(  While we would like to think we gave them a run for their money, sadly two level 8's can lay waste to just about anything (which I hope +Ingress fixes one day).  None the less it was a good time had by all and I was glad to see everybody!  A big thanks to everybody that came out (and in no particular order) +Theta Ashing +David Ashing +Nathan Harris +Brandon D. +Darryl Boudreau +Ty Hutcheson +Craig Anderson +rodney fettinger +aura f +Chris Jernigan 
     Now on to a garden update (I know, enough about the +Ingress already).  I am sad to say that the garden is doing horrible although it is making a come back.  The non stop torrential down pours every other day (and some times everyday) and severe lack of sunlight took its toll.  The cucumbers withered back almost to the ground, the squash is pretty much dead, we lost all the ears of corn we had (but the stalks are starting to grow again), the 'maters and jalapenos stopped producing but they are finally picking back up again now that the rains have past... for now.

     Last thing on the agenda is the announcement of my new blog.  Some folks know I am an avid comic book collector and have started my hobby up again with the Marvel Now series.  With this blog titled "My Comic Pull List" I plan to share what is on my weekly pull list and discuss them with readers.  For those that don't know a pull list is something you can setup on ComiXology and your local comic shop will hold the issues you request, mine is at +TBS Comics in Pensacola.  I hope everyone will enjoy seeing what I am currently reading and look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment