Monday, May 27, 2013

Another week gone by, a mole in the garden, and some crops foiled... Ok that may be backwards.

     Well another week has passed, and what a week it was.  I finally met a new Ingress player in my area which is always cool and talked to a childhood friend who I haven't seen in 15 years thanks to Ingress.  I've met alot of cool people through that game and hope to keep in touch long after it is gone.  Which brings me to this weekends in-game activities!

     The Gulf Coast Resistance had originally planned to host an online meet-n-greet to see some of the new faces, talk strategy, and b.s. in general.  This changed at the last minute to an onsite gathering at Eglin AFB Armament Museum in hopes of building the panhandles first Resistance level 8 farm.  Well we saw some comm activity early on and when we started to arrive on site found that they were there waiting and had no intentions of letting us build our farm.  While our overall goal of a giant farm was not achieved we had a few agents level up, gain a ton of AP, and we did manage to build a few level 8 portals.  Which brings me to wonder, how in the hell did they find out about this?  Why would somebody in our community share intel with them to spoil our plans?  Why would the other team want this intel?  You would think that showing up and spoiling other folks plans wouldn't be fun (this makes the second time) but different strokes for different folks I guess.  I had a pretty good time, met some new folks, and overall had a good time... so that made up for the 2 hour drive and gas I reckon.


      Nothing exciting happened on Sunday, woke up, piddled around the house.  Took the kiddos over to the grandparents house to play while I went grocery shopping, etc.  I wish I had the energy of my kids.  They were outside at the house playing all morning.  After a short lunch and nap I took them over to visit the grandparents.  Not only did they ride their bikes all over creation but managed to con my aunt into dragging them to the park where they played as well.  Oh to be young and go all day without stopping.  The good news is at 20:00 they were in bed and knocked out and even managed to sleep in this morning which I'm sure Melissa enjoyed.  The garden is doing great, I must have some awesome dirt because the seeds I planted last weekend are already several inches tall.  The jokes on them though.  Now that they are sprouted out I select the weakest 2 of the 3 seeds planted and cut them off.  Only the strongest shall prevail!






No comments:

Post a Comment